Part 2: Diabetes education, diet and lifestyle
- Strengthen their understanding of pathophysiology of Diabetes Mellitus with correlation to blood glucose management, education, diet and lifestyle.
- Understand the principles of healthy eating, emotional health with diabetes, self-management principles and empowerment.
- Complete diabetes complication screening, test glucose levels and educate on the role of insulin and medications in wound management.
- Demonstrate use of different communication strategies for client education and utilise motivational interviewing and positive language techniques.
- Demonstrate ongoing commitment to the use of service tools, implement and enhance service systems to improve clinical service provision with a multi-disciplinary approach.
For a full list of objectives and more information, please download the course outline below.
Online learning facilitators
Motivation Australia acknowledges the support of the Government of Canada, for this DFC training, through the Canada Fund for Local Initiatives (CFLI) programme.